Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

M.U.G.E.N.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

M.U.G.E.N.

Post by FireWolfBalto on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Mugen is an engine that can emulate 2D fighting games, but this is so different, on it, you can do your own "STAGES" own "CHARACTERS" everything you can imagine.

just think about, Balto fighting against Son Goku!, it can be with M.U.G.E.N, i'm using it to do my Balto's Adventures Game, i will left you a video that i made.

here's the link!
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=urHZVZ928QA
here's another one
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRrW_2rn_A

The two videos are maded by me, on the second video i was playing as "God Rugal"

Balto's Adventures
FireWolfBalto
Sub-Forum Mod
Sub-Forum Mod

Male
Number of posts : 53
Pack/Group : Pack/groups
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M.U.G.E.N.

Post by Firefoxwolffie on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:19 pm

awesome firewolf These vids are great Smile

Balto Is #1
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 1388
Pack/Group : Pack Leader
Registration date : 2008-05-10

View user profile http://www.baltochat-fan.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FireWolfBalto on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Here's some info about M.U.G.E.N
As you probably know, much programs came with "read me" files on .txt format, well, i just copy the content of the text and paste it here.
And i forgot to say that the M.U.G.E.N was created by Elecbyte.

As you probably know, Elecbyte asked for donations for their WinMUGEN project, to buy a software compiler. Then, on April 14 2004, they released MUGEN for Linux, abandoning DOS MUGEN.

Those who donated were e-mailed a secret link to a password-protected website that contained a downloadable private beta version of WinMUGEN.

WinMUGEN is the same as Linux MUGEN, except for the following.

1. A transparent box with the following message:
"M.U.G.E.N 2002.04.14 PRIVATE MU TEST.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS TEST."

2. Limited Features.
It accepted only 2 characters to be on the select screen at the same time. It also had limitations for the number of stages, and most play modes were disabled. There was no full motif support either.

The people who received the WinMUGEN beta had to agree never to talk about it.

But, as time passed, an unknown number of people had been giving out their user names, passwords and links for WinMUGEN.

Elecbyte noticed the increased number of logins or the increased bandwidth and removed the links. The links were replaced with a poem. This poem was about people doing something they should not be doing.

Some time later, the first public hack of the WinMUGEN version appeared on the Internet.

http://www.geocities.com/elecbyte1 and http://www.geocities.com/elecbyte1/winmugen.html

The version of WinMUGEN was 2002.04.14, but it was modified and hacked. It had the blue box removed, and the version number changed to "M.U.G.E.N 2003 Beta V3.08.2 w2003.06.14b". "Elecbyte" in the main menu had been changed to "Elecbyte1".

What really made Elecbyte close their page in November 2003 after they announced they had encountered a "snag" in development is still unknown. The reason might be leaks and the WinMUGEN hack, but it is only speculation. Also, out of the thousands of people in MUGEN, only a handful really showed enough support to donate.

Despite indications, Elecbyte cannot be accused of "abandoning" the community. If anything, it was the other way round. Leaks and hacks disrespected and abandoned Elecbyte. More and more people were complaining about how they "needed" WinMUGEN, and that WinMUGEN would never be done, when in fact WinMUGEN already existed in secret. It existed at least since early 2002.

In those years since 2002, the circle of people who had the original, unaltered WinMUGEN were silent, except for the individuals who leaked and hacked. When the hack was discovered, the common policy was to keep silent. Out of respect for Elecbyte's wishes, the hack was not promoted, and people doing so were "persecuted."

Most of the people who received the WinMUGEN beta from Elecbyte kept it a secret. It has been only recently that more and more information on WinMUGEN has been made available.

The reason why people are now talking openly about it is simple: The obvious reason not to talk about WinMUGEN was because Elecbyte prohibited it. Elecbyte would certainly NOT release WinMUGEN to the public if their beta-testers would betray them. So they kept quiet.

But by now, Elecbyte has been gone for a long time. Should they ever choose to return, the community will gladly welcome them back. But for now, just about everyone is convinced that "the community" is left to themselves. People who have been formerly against leaking of WinMUGEN and modifying WinMUGEN now support it, due to the disapearance of Elecbyte, and no official release of WinMUGEN. It was decided so by many of us, for the sake of the whole MUGEN community as a whole, transcending places, races and abilities.

Less and less computers are supporting DOS. Many MUGEN creators are now part of elitist circles who barely progress anymore and keep mostly to themselves, also because of the lack of the ability to run MUGEN in modern computers. Elecbyte's unannounced disappearance and the profound reality of DOS MUGEN malfunctioning in modern systems and operating systems such as Windows 2000, Windows XP and above is the prime reason why the WinMUGEN hack has been made and produced. It was a hard desicion, but there was simply no other choice. With this, the legacy of MUGEN and the MUGEN community will be assured that it can continue to thrive in the future.

Balto's Adventures
FireWolfBalto
Sub-Forum Mod
Sub-Forum Mod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FireWolfBalto on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

I will put a link to download M.U.G.E.N with a few characters and stages, it will be a light version because I'm unable to upload very big sized files.
It will came with some good and strong characters, i don't know, maybe it will carrie my Balto character, but remember, he is just a W.I.P ( work in progress) so you know.

Balto's Adventures
FireWolfBalto
Sub-Forum Mod
Sub-Forum Mod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:20 pm

cool thanks wolf that will be cool Smile

Balto Is #1
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 1388
Pack/Group : Pack Leader
Registration date : 2008-05-10

View user profile http://www.baltochat-fan.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FireWolfBalto on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:31 pm

To use the Program M.U.G.E.N you should have "WINRAR" a program similar to "WINZIP" so, if you don't have winrar, don't worry, the program can be downloaded here 4shared.com/file/50287416/e0462ca/wrar351.html just wait for the download link, the program is free.
after download it, you should download mugen, heres the link 4shared.com/file/50286649/58f43815/No_limit_Winmugen_patch.html
It's a little big, 62MB

The two files are on my "Virtual Disk" it can hold up to 5GB, if you wanna your own free virtual disk, you can get one here ( 4shared.com/ ) visit the page and create your own free virtual disk, you can share everything you want with all your friends and all world.

Well, the mugen that i've uploaded is ready to be played, you don't have to worry about configuration, it runs on a window. 640X480
it can use a joystick, you don't have to configurate it, it's ready to be played.

It has two stages and 12 characters including "BALTO" but remember, my Balto character is just a W.I.P (Work in Progress).

1.- Download Winrar, install it!
2.- Extract the No_limit_Winmugen_patch and run the program.
3.- Have fun!

oh, i almost forgot something. It's a Fighting Game!

Balto's Adventures
FireWolfBalto
Sub-Forum Mod
Sub-Forum Mod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FireWolfBalto on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:38 pm

The Mugen that i've uploaded can hold up to 300 characters and unlimited stages, if you wanna more chars for you mugen, ask me, i can get those ones you want, if you like Naruto, sure, there are chars of Naruto for mugen, if you like pokemon or digimon, it's ok, there are chars for mugen about those two series.

Just ask me and i will search your chars ok?

if you need more stages, ask me! ;]

i'm glad to help :]

Balto's Adventures
FireWolfBalto
Sub-Forum Mod
Sub-Forum Mod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down