Balto Chat Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Love It or Hate It
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm by Bluebuny8

» Homeward Bound 3: The Newbies
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm by Bluebuny8

» Ask Balto or/and Jenna.
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 pm by Flappypuppy

» Alue`s family
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 pm by Aleu12393

» What song are you listening to now?
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:53 pm by fanofbalto123

» Hi! :) Silver here!
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:08 pm by Bernard

» Careful with your IP address...
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am by Conay_White_Star_Line

» Inspector Rex
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 4:50 am by bony

» Least Favorite Character
Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 pm by Bernard

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake..

+3
Conay_White_Star_Line
Firefoxwolffie
Shadowstorm
7 posters

Go down

Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. Empty Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake..

Post by Shadowstorm Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:10 pm

tonight I was reading a friend of mine's LJ and while I was doing so I thought about this sad fact that something I've noticed constantly and must say is noteworthy is that some people have this screwed up perception that internet friendships aren't the same as real time ones, I will say right now that I respectfully disagree with that and I'd say posts like this are good proof that they in fact ARE the same. end of story!

this is a public journal BTW so don't be intimidated to look..

http://silver-huskey.livejournal.com/577629.html?view=2340445#t2340445
Shadowstorm
Shadowstorm
Great Balto Fan
Great Balto Fan

Male
Number of posts : 46
Pack/Group : Pack/groups
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. Empty Re: Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake..

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Well, it depends on if you really trust the person and know that they are truthful and respect you and are nice, then yes I'll say that friendships on line are *almost* the same as RL ones. Smile

Back to top Go down

Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake.. Empty Re: Rant about people thinking intenet friendships are all fake..

Post by Firefoxwolffie Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:47 pm

I agree with both of you Smile
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 1388
Pack/Group : Pack Leader
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://www.baltochat-fan.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conay_White_Star_Line Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:07 am

Watch the SMS. Anyway, the thing is i don't agree. You could be talking to a 50 year old prostitute (If that is how you spell it..). And you could think he is a 15 year old girl... This is why i never trust anyone to talk (Or meet up in that case) outside of the websites or MSN. Or though with my close friends on Balto Source (Well some of them) We talk via MSN and E-mail.
Conay_White_Star_Line
Conay_White_Star_Line
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 502
Pack/Group : Balto Chat Admin Team
Facebook : Conor Jackson
Registration date : 2008-05-27

http://baltoonlineforum.highbb.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:00 am

it is true about some of that but how likely would they be baltofans or know so much about his story? But yes it is good to watch these things but I do like having friends on websites too
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Conay_White_Star_Line Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:48 am

Yes, they may be Balto Fans, or just know alot about him, dosn't mean to say they are not prostitutes.
Conay_White_Star_Line
Conay_White_Star_Line
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:09 am

true but I am sure there is not any of those but who knows
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:05 am

Well, as long as you don't exchange personal info with strangers (of course).

Back to top Go down

Post by Conay_White_Star_Line Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:23 am

Well, yeah basicly.
Conay_White_Star_Line
Conay_White_Star_Line
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 pm

I agree I tell you people at my school thought it was funny to mess with me today and I know who it is but they think I do not. I do not trust anyone from that place it is terriable Mad
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobu-Balto Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:43 pm

Baltorocks123 wrote:Watch the SMS. Anyway, the thing is i don't agree. You could be talking to a 50 year old prostitute (If that is how you spell it..). And you could think he is a 15 year old girl... This is why i never trust anyone to talk (Or meet up in that case) outside of the websites or MSN. Or though with my close friends on Balto Source (Well some of them) We talk via MSN and E-mail.

I totally agree AND disagree with you Baltorocks...yes, you're right, but maybe you should also practice your faith and your trust in other people.I know that you're completely right about the 50 year old prostitute, but if you're too bussy trying to see who is faking, you could be missing great friendships well...that's how I think, and that's why I let anyone that wants to be my friend talk about themselves and asking me anything about myself.
Nobu-Balto
Nobu-Balto
Balto Expert
Balto Expert

Male
Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 pm

That is a good point Nobu I am glad to have you as a friend Smile
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FireWolfBalto Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:44 pm

Firefoxwolffie wrote:it is true about some of that but how likely would they be baltofans or know so much about his story? But yes it is good to watch these things but I do like having friends on websites too
I'm not really agree with this.
It's ok, you can talking with a 50 years prostitute, but... that isn't discrimination? if she is a Balto fan or whatever, why banne her? that's discrimination, you will banne people that are gay? bisexual? lesbian? that's discrimination.
i have friends that are gays and bisexuals, that's nothing to worry about, it's their life, not mine, they can be whatever they want ,nothing will happen to me, i just bring my friendship to everyone.
about personal info, that's right, you don't have to tell anything about you if you wont.
well, that is just my opinion
FireWolfBalto
FireWolfBalto
Sub-Forum Mod
Sub-Forum Mod

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Conay_White_Star_Line Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:42 am

Nobu-Balto wrote:
Baltorocks123 wrote:Watch the SMS. Anyway, the thing is i don't agree. You could be talking to a 50 year old prostitute (If that is how you spell it..). And you could think he is a 15 year old girl... This is why i never trust anyone to talk (Or meet up in that case) outside of the websites or MSN. Or though with my close friends on Balto Source (Well some of them) We talk via MSN and E-mail.

I totally agree AND disagree with you Baltorocks...yes, you're right, but maybe you should also practice your faith and your trust in other people.I know that you're completely right about the 50 year old prostitute, but if you're too bussy trying to see who is faking, you could be missing great friendships well...that's how I think, and that's why I let anyone that wants to be my friend talk about themselves and asking me anything about myself.

Well, my friend on here, some of them i woul'd only trust on websites, others (Like Black_Promises, Dragon Tamer EXc exc) I talk to on MSN(M). A few others i have trust in, but just never really add them to MSN(M). I don't know why.

FireWolfBalto wrote: I'm not really agree with this.
It's ok, you can talking with a 50 years prostitute, but... that isn't discrimination? if she is a Balto fan or whatever, why banne her? that's discrimination, you will banne people that are gay? bisexual? lesbian? that's discrimination.
i have friends that are gays and bisexuals, that's nothing to worry about, it's their life, not mine, they can be whatever they want ,nothing will happen to me, i just bring my friendship to everyone.
about personal info, that's right, you don't have to tell anything about you if you wont.

Well... I don't have a problem with gays, lesbo's and what not. However protitues are diffrent, as long as long as they don't strike on the site, i won't take any action...
Conay_White_Star_Line
Conay_White_Star_Line
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by White Wolfer's Moon Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:53 pm

Baltorocks123 wrote:
Nobu-Balto wrote:

Well, my friend on here, some of them i woul'd only trust on websites, others (Like Black_Promises, Dragon Tamer EXc exc) I talk to on MSN(M). A few others i have trust in, but just never really add them to MSN(M). I don't know why.

FireWolfBalto wrote: I'm not really agree with this.

Well... I don't have a problem with gays, lesbo's and what not. However protitues are diffrent, as long as long as they don't strike on the site, i won't take any action...

*shakes head* I'm ashamed that you guys would even talk about these things on a kid-friendly site... Supposing there was a 9 year old member who hapened to read all of this. They would be scared for life.

This topic should be locked, but seeing as the Admin is one of the main sources feeding into this trash, I will do nothing.
White Wolfer's Moon
White Wolfer's Moon
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Female
Number of posts : 360
Location : Who cares? We all end up in the same place anyways...
Pack/Group : The League of Awesomeness. Members? Just me. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Fur Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:56 am

I don't want to get into a long debate here, but I must disagree with the opinion that all internet friendships are fake. I've made some very good friends online, a few which I've been in touch with for a couple of years now. Yes, for all I know, they may not be who they say they are, but they have been nicer to me than a lot of my contacts in real life have. Of course you shouldn't disclose info such as your phone number to someone you don't know in person (anyone who doesn't realize this probably shouldn't be online in the first place), but knowing every single detail about someone is not necessary for a friendship to develop.

This thread is going downhill in my opinion, but I will also leave it open... unless an admin gives permission to close it.
Sweet Fur
Sweet Fur
Balto Legend
Balto Legend

Female
Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:20 am

I agree with you there Sweetfur Not all are fake. Some are but most members of Balto websites are not going to ask for personal info. But again to be safe as long as you only post your name and age or not even that you will never run int trouble. This is a hard topic to think about but a good one if you want to chat about it Smile
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by White Wolfer's Moon Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:31 pm

My opinion is that internet friendships can be shallow and are hard to keep going, but there are good people in the world who only come on these sites for the same reason as you do. It's a givin to be aware of any internet stalkers and/or predators and to not let your guard down, but sometimes its alright to put some trust in others.

Some things to look out for:

1. if they ask you where you live(like your street adress)
2. if they ask to meet up with you
3. if they come off as 'too friendly'
4. if you accidentay leak other peronal information to them(like passwords, credit card numbers,ect.)

These are some obvious problems I have encountered and some I have only heard of... for the most part I think as long as you don't give away too much personal information than it really doesn't matter who the person you are talking to is because you are perfectly safe.
White Wolfer's Moon
White Wolfer's Moon
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Female
Number of posts : 360
Location : Who cares? We all end up in the same place anyways...
Pack/Group : The League of Awesomeness. Members? Just me. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefoxwolffie Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:19 am

yes I agree as long as you never tell your adress or what your ssn is then you are safe. For the most part these sites are safe but Bigger sites are less safe so always take percausion Smile
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobu-Balto Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 am

White Wolfer's Moon wrote:

Some things to look out for:

1. if they ask you where you live(like your street adress)
2. if they ask to meet up with you
3. if they come off as 'too friendly'
4. if you accidentay leak other peronal information to them(like passwords, credit card numbers,ect.)

1. Yeah...if you want to give that information it's under your own risk, of course...there's where I practice faith in people...even though I have never been asked for that information...there are a few (very few) online friends that maybe I would give to because...I don't know if it's a curse or a gift...but I always trust people, even when I can't see them (unless on special occasions when they go too far, of course)because...One of the...uhmmm...what's the word?...goals? is to allow you to meet people around the world and comunicate, so...I consider that distrusting everyone you meet online is like if you didn't get on a car because you can have an accident, you know what I mean?...in this life...there's NO safe path, each path you take will be full of decisions and risks that, in one way or another, you have to accept and, even if it's a small choice like...trusting someone I met on a forum...or a big one like...the person you choose to share your life until death tears you apart...they change that little path you take....so if you...for example...don't like to...chat with other members by PM or whatever, could be either a smart choice, or a very dumb choice...you could be avoiding talking to a bad person or...you could be missing the chance to develop a good friendship, because...just like this world is full with bad persons trying to lead you through a wrong path...this world is also full with very very humble and good people, that helps you follow your right path...but they don't nesessarily come and knock to your door, it's not that simple...sometimes, they come from the less expected places...i know some of you may think I'm weird, or crazy, or whatever you want to call me...but I always try to trust my heart before my brain

(I'm sorry that number one is so long, but it's something I wanted to share with you)

2. Well...I think that would be the same thing I just said on point number one...but this is a...higher...level of confidence

( If you are reading this I want to congratulate you for not loosing your patience reading 1.Laughing)

3. That would be hard to discuss...beacuase everybody has their own opinions about what "too friendly" is

4. I don't really need to say anything about this one...you don't give your credit card numbers or another important code...not even to your best friend in the world
Nobu-Balto
Nobu-Balto
Balto Expert
Balto Expert

Male
Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Conay_White_Star_Line Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:00 am

This thread is going downhill in my opinion

^^ Topic Locked.
Conay_White_Star_Line
Conay_White_Star_Line
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down