Balto Chat Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Love It or Hate It
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm by Bluebuny8

» Homeward Bound 3: The Newbies
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm by Bluebuny8

» Ask Balto or/and Jenna.
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 pm by Flappypuppy

» Alue`s family
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 pm by Aleu12393

» What song are you listening to now?
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:53 pm by fanofbalto123

» Hi! :) Silver here!
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:08 pm by Bernard

» Careful with your IP address...
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am by Conay_White_Star_Line

» Inspector Rex
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 4:50 am by bony

» Least Favorite Character
Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 pm by Bernard

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join)

2 posters

Go down

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) Empty Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join)

Post by Shadowstorm Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:53 pm

This will be a open level RP so I have low expectations set on post lengths as long as they work with the scene! so don't worry if it's only like a paragraph long! it does not matter if it's short if it's quality material.. Anyway

It all starts back in 1997, Mike is trying to get together a group to help start a project he'thought up a few years back and just as they were about was about to hit up to studio to make the record, the band split after the guitarist and bassist left the band citing musical differences as their reason.. Now he wants payback on those ignoramuses for screwing him over and will stop it nothing not to fail this time. this time he will get his wish and much more than he could ever ask for..

this is open to anyone who is an active musician or even someone with heavy interest in Progressive/Alternative Metal in general.. now on the available positions, song selections and so forth

(Warning Note: I will immediately tell you all from the beginning to end that there will be ABSOLUTELY NO REFERENCES TO DRUG OR ALCOHOL ABUSE PERMITTED! PERIOD! If that is the reason you joined this, you are just going to be disappointed when you find NONE OF IT HERE! so I'll say beforehand thanks for understanding that this is primarily a G RATED site and it will NOT be tolerated in my threads!)

==========================================================================================
Icewind Biography

Name: Mike Portnoy
Hometown: Long Island, NY
Appearance: Always very laid back, causal and up to date, he also can be seen wearing white wristbands (sometimes black w white logos) with black Dream Theater logos on both wrists along a second black band on his right arm as a tribute symbol to a longtime favorite player of his, Neil Peart

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) 2gt12sp

Years of Experience w/ Instrument : 28 years
Endorsed Companies (Optional) : TAMA Starclassic Mirage Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Pro-Mark Sticks (420 Portnoy sigs), Remo Drumheads, Roland amps and Triggers, and Samson Microphones and sound eqiupment..
Drumming Influences (optional) : WAY TOO MANY TO LIST XD
Vocal Influences: WAY TOO MANY TO LIST
Favorite Bands: AGAIN WAY TOO MANY TO LIST

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) Triviumlivedublin07

Matthew Kichi Heafy
January 26, 1986 (1986-01-26) (age 22)
Orlando, Florida
Thrash metal, Metalcore, Black metal, Death metal, Post-hardcore
Songwriter, Vocalist, Guitarist
Vocals, Guitar
2000 - present
Lifeforce, Roadrunner
Trivium, Capharnaum, Mindscar, Roadrunner United, Tomorrow is Monday
www.trivium.org

==========================================================================================
Instrumental positions (Available)
========================================================================================
Lead Vocals/Screams
Backup Vocals
Drums/Backing Vocals : Mike Portnoy (Firestorm)
Lead Guitar
Rhythm Guitar
5 String Bass

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Firestorm on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : damned coding errors DX)
Shadowstorm
Shadowstorm
Great Balto Fan
Great Balto Fan

Male
Number of posts : 46
Pack/Group : Pack/groups
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) Empty Re: Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join)

Post by Firefoxwolffie Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Ill join As Keller williams
Name keller williams
age 35
Guitarist/vocalist
years of experience 2o
Home town: frederiksburg VA
Apearence very hard to tell at times mostly wheres jeans and a tie die shirt
favorite bands:very many Very Happy
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 1388
Pack/Group : Pack Leader
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://www.baltochat-fan.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) Empty Re.

Post by Shadowstorm Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 pm

"I will be holding auditions for a lead guitarist this week. with at least 3 to 5 years experienceto
qualify
"
he inquired with a local newsprint as he still was in search
of guitarists to lead the group off with.. He also posted a audition
inquiry for a bassist and keyboardist with 3 to 5 years of experience
as well in hopes of finding one with reasonable experience..

as Mike made the inquiries he adamantly thought "This time I will do this record my way and this time we'll rule it all and I will be sure of that"

He proceeded to the enquirer's counter and proceeded to post his inquiry

"I hope to find a few endorsed musicians to help me lay the foundation for this band's career" and then added "I may be 40 years old. But I do have the invaluable thing we musicians call experience playing both live and in a studio so I'm quite familar with the whole progressive metal scene"

as he finished that statement he gave the inquirer his contacts

"Tell anyone who wants an audition to contact me by E-Mail at
"webmaster@mikeportnoy.com" and I will tell them where to meet me and
my guitarist at for a jam and audition session, thanks for your help
and have a nice day sir"

and strangely just as he was about to leave he crossed Matt from Trivium reading one of the ads, he had to do a double take to make sure he wasn't seeing things and sure enough it really was Matt.

then a thought crossed his mind that made him very curious and concerned at the same time 'Matt Heafy? looking for a job, odd, how though 'Mike thought, 'I wonder whats going on, I thought he was on tour with Trivium' and he then proceeded to ask what was going on.

"Matt? whats up dude and why are you here are you here reading my ad? I thought you guys were supposed to be on Tour right now, change of plans perhaps?"

He seemed very interested in the deal, and he almost walked away which would've been a mistake when he heard Mike ask about what was up from his right and he thought he should probably answer his question

"Well, we were supposed to be on tour as you said, but Travis left the band at the last minute and the band split, Corey and I still are brothers in crime and our friendship is inseparable by a small incident like that"

Mike 's reply to the ordeal mention was short and simple "I See, it's hard to stick it out when a key member leaves a band cold like that, I see you seem to be interested in working with me on this project, correct?"

Matt being the HUGE DT fanboy that he was, was adament on getting the gig and the expression he was sporting gave the hint that there was no way in hell he was gonna pass on an chance to work on a project with the legendary Mike Portnoy

"Definitely man, I've always wanted to work with you and with you know with me being the enourmus DT fangeek I am you think I'm going to pass this offer up, hell no! Is the lead guitar position still open? If so count me in totally, no doubt! I wont fail you dude! "

Mike took his offer seriously and replied

"Alright cool deal then, We'll start writing in a few weeks, your in!"

Mike then contacted his agent as he was leaving and told him

"Hey bro! do me a favor and beon the lookout for any hotshot musicians who are serious about joining a professional band, give them my contacts and I will get back with them as soon as I can"

"Will do Mike, It's always a pleasure working with you!"
The agent replied
Shadowstorm
Shadowstorm
Great Balto Fan
Great Balto Fan

Male
Number of posts : 46
Pack/Group : Pack/groups
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join) Empty Re: Systematic Chaos In Progress (Hardcore Metal Band RP, OPEN to all who wanna join)

Post by Firefoxwolffie Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:53 pm

meanwhile a local guitarist by the name of keller willams was hoping to get one chance to be in a band. it was his dream but so far no body was helping the cause sadly!!
Firefoxwolffie
Firefoxwolffie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 1388
Pack/Group : Pack Leader
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://www.baltochat-fan.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down